- 3 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt
- 5 lbs. boneless Pork shoulder roast
- Olive oil
Cook/Stand time: 4 hours, Serves: 8
- Stir together all dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Brush pork lightly with olive oil, then press spice mixture over all sides of pork. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours.
- Brown the meat in a hot pan with oil (I browned and baked the meat in a large dutch oven.)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Add 1/2 inch of water to pan. Cover tightly with foil and roast for 3 hours. Remove foil and roast for 1 hour more or until meat shreds easily with a fork, basting occasionally with accumulated drippings.
- Shred meat with 2 forks, then serve with tortillas and any optional toppers.
(I served mine on polenta)